Sunday, February 11, 2007

Explaining navigation?

In yesterday's Times they ran a two page advert all about the new website design. Last week, I had a moan about the green on the new site and the way that it has hard coded widths (caused by adverts I think). Now personally I don't like the new site, but what I thought interesting was point four at the top right hand page.


Point Four is titled "Simple Navigation". Now don't get me wrong, I still like the Times, and I still use the website even though I dislike it. However, when I saw point four I did find myself asking: Is a site's navigation really that simple if you need to have a two-page double advert explaining where everything is?

2 comments:

dizzy said...

I read the Torygraph too, and the Indy too to make me angry. Now what I'm confused about is why the "Detroit" angle when I thought you were in Jooorsey.

smug said...

I'm in upstate NY nowadays.

The detroit blog used to belong to a friend (who now lives in SF). I have no idea why it's listed there, but I can delete it.