Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pierce Watch.... some more

I didn't notice this until someone pointed it out to me, but following on from the earlier post about Andrew Pierce paraphrasing and not copying my posts now, there is another little tale in his column.
Feisty new Tory MP Priti Patel has uncovered revealing answers about the costs to the taxpayer of enforcing daft EU directives, which most other European countries ignore. The answers, published in Hansard, reveal that Climate Change Secretary Chris Huhne has signed up to an order promoting the use of renewable energy. It will cost £19.85 billion to put into law, and will save £11 billion. And I thought David Cameron was a Eurosceptic.
No doubt this is just yet another coincidence and totally unrelated to reading my post that detailed that little nugget.

No comments: