Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Countryside Alliance requests damages costs from Labour Party activists?

I've just heard a rumour that the three people arrested at last year's Labour Conference for vandalising a Countryside Alliance stall (and previously mentioned by Iain Dale here), have received letters from Kate Hoey and the Chief Executive of the Countryside Alliance allegedly requesting payment of £1000 each for the damage they caused. The letter from Kate Hoey is said to express disappoint that party members would act in such an intolerant way. I can't say I disagree with her if it's true.

Update 23:01: It appears that Iain also got tipped off (although I did post first so there! :p). The only difference is he got sent the letters. I shall have to have a word with my snout!

No comments: