Friday, June 01, 2007

Well I would go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma

The conversation about between Lister and Cat on Red Dwarf about who is more sexy when faced with the choice of Wilma Flintstone or Betty Rubble, is, for me anyway, an iconic conversation of cult status. To discuss the sexual attractiveness of a pixelated character is something that only the most geeky or nerdy blokes (and female honourary blokes) would truly appreciate.

The question of Wilma or Betty though is misplaced. Whilst each of these delectable ladies has their virtues (personally I think Betty is the one for me), in the pixelated FHM-esque ranking stakes both pale into insignificance when placed next to the aristocrat from Buckinghamshire, Lady Lara Croft.

The only reason I mention any of this is because today, Tomb Raider: The Anniversary has been released via Steam a full eleven yars after the graphic beauty first appeared for us geeks to ogle over. I imagine it won't be long before an Easter Egg is found that provides a nude mode (or a patch is released) because really that's all every geek wants.

8 comments:

Fidothedog said...

Aeris from FF7, far better than Lara.

dizzy said...

you'll be extolling the virtues of hentai next

Anonymous said...

The Japanese read Hentai on the commuter train. I've seen them.

Caroline Hunt said...

Urotsukidoji is really the only Hentai I've ever seen. Giant tentacled monsters raping little girls seems to be the general theme.

Oh and Lara Croft has a fair amount to answer for. Remember every woman you've seen in fancy dress as Lara Croft and particularly those who really shouldn't have tried to squeeze into a Lara Croft costume.

Nicodemus said...

Your'e Mad old Boy.
Wilma will never leave Fred.

Anonymous said...

Don't be ridiculous! Daphne from Scooby-Doo makes Wilma and Betty look like a couple of badly drawn boys!

Anonymous said...

I really shouldn't be telling you this but the first 'person' that I ever fancied was Marina in Stingray.

Aaron Murin-Heath said...

Alyx?