Sunday, October 08, 2006

Democrats fail to identify their own veterans

Just spotted this little post on a GOP supporting American blog in Florida. It appears that the Democrats are using the picture of a Canadian veteran (pictured) on their website under the headline of "New Poll Shows GOP Broken Promises Hurting Our Troops".

To be honest when I first saw the image even I knew he wasn't a seppo. He's wearing a poppy for a start, and as far as I know, the Americans, whilst arriving in WW1 fashionably late, don't really go in for the whole poppy thing, most of them were killed by cholera rather than No Man's Land. The poppy is, to my knowledge, very much a Commonwealth thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really worries me that political people seem to be more and more detached from their armed forces.

This kind of thing gets my goat big time!