Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Climate Change peer review FAIL

A couple of years ago, I did a post that climate change activists at the "Camp for Climate Change" were campaigning against so-called climate change deniers with the argument that they were "armed only with peer reviewed science", something which was always a silly thing to say, and now it's been shown to be the case.

The Register reports that at least eight Academic papers which used tree ring data to plot a historical record of temperatures are flawed, and peer review failed to pick up the errors. Some of the papers are from quite senior climatologists at the British climate research centre CRU at the University East Anglia.

Now, before someone screams that I'm a "climate change denier", I'm not. However, I'm also not a "climate change believer". What I have never accepted is the argument that there is a "scientific consensus" on the subject and therefore I must accept it as true. This news of peer review failure on climate research simply validates that view. Anyhow, the article is quite long so off you go and read it .

No comments: