Saturday, November 24, 2007

Strange search referrers

I've had some pretty weird referrer searches from Google since I started this blog. One that sticks out in my mind was someone who was obviously looking for something 'different' in Scotland who landed on a Big Brother opening night post of mine. I had used the word transvestite and Glasgow in the post because one of the housemates was errrr... a transvestite from Glasgow.

This evening I've learned that someone out there has been searching for "white hart lane niggers" on Google, and, rather bizarrely I come top. Ironically this is again the fault of Big Brother, because it was in a post about the racism incident in the last series and someone mentioned White Hart Lane in my comments.

I'm not alone in being in the results though. The Guardian's Comment is Free comes fourth, just ahead of some sort of Eastern script based language site. What I'm wondering is why someone was searching for that specific search term?

1 comment:

Tamburlaine the Great said...

So am I. Surely "white hart lane yids" would conform more closely to the species of racism normally directed at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Let us hope that Messrs. Bent and Defoe get hold of the perpetrators and give them a good kicking.

Incidentally, well done in the Sunderland game. From a Liverpool supporter.