Monday, September 24, 2007

The ever-sliding electoral calander

Having read the papers this morning, and briefly glancing at the BBC last night, I'm even more convinced that the election speculation is just part of a pretty transparent strategy to keep everyone guessing as long as possible and make CCHQ panic (which is working it seems).

Just look at the moving dates. First it was speculation - that I was part of - that it would be very early October. I now think the source of those rumours was actually a bt of Labour disinformation. Then the date moved to the end of October, and now the date being floated is November 1st.

My ever-so cynical head can't help but think as the Tory Conference closes there will be a rumour that it will be November 8th or 15th. I could be wrong of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably wants to see how many wheels, if any, fall off the Tory machine at their conference. Assuming, that is, that Brown's big tent doesn't get torn this week.