They do say that successful film careers help when it comes to politics in the US, especially in California.
Update: For anyone wondering, she ran for Governor in the 2003 recall as an independent, but has since declared herself as a Republican. Her platfrom was as follows:
- Legalize same-sex marriage
- Tax breast implants
- Make lap-dances tax deductible
- Wire the California Governor's Mansion with live web-cams
- Create a "Porn for Pistols" program to reduce the number of handguns
- Be a goodwill ambassador to attract business to the state
- Make those drawing unemployment insurance do jury duty for their pay
- Fight the attacks on the porn industry by John Ashcroft and the U.S. Department of Justice
- Allow bars to stay open until 4:00 A.M.
- Address the AIDS epidemic
- Help the over crowded and mis-managed prison system