Well nuclear consultation is back. Having established in the dodgy consultation that everyone really wants nuclear, the latest consultation is where to build the 11 new nuclear plants along with who nominated them, and here they are:
- Hartlepool nominated by EDF Energy
- Heysham nominated by EDF Energy
- Dungeness nominated by EDF Energy
- Sellafield nominated by NDA
- Kirksanton nominated by RWE
- Braystones nominated by RWE
- Wylfa Peninsula nominated by NDA and RWE
- Oldbury nominated by NDA and EON
- Hinkley Point nominated by EDF Energy
- Bradwell nominated by NDA
- Sizewell nominated by EDF Energy
Reference notes for readers:
EDF Energy: Head of Comms and general lobbying, Gordon Brown's brother, Andrew.
NDA: Headed by Tony Cooper, father to Chief Secretary to Treasury Yvette Cooper, and father-in-law to Ed Balls.
RWE: Also known as N-Power Renewables. Former Head of Comms and Public Affairs, and now three day a week consultant, Stephen Tindale. Former head of Greenpeace and Labour environment policy advisor.
EON: Legally represented by preferred counsel, Justine Thornton, an energy and planning expert, also girlfriend to Ed Miliband, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change.
Fluor: Senior adviser to the management team of the Fluor Corporation, Rt Hom, Ian McCartney.