- There will not be a general election. I caveat this by saying "events" may occur that change things. However on current trends I just can't see Brown risking it. He will hold out as long as he can.
- The Tories will suddenly realise the landscape has changed and voters are no longer buying the "tax cut equals no more hospitals" crap that the Labour Party have been pumping for the last decade. This will result in them offering a specific tax cut with a specific spending cut commitment where they actually detail what spending will be cut and won't just use made up figures. The key here will be the ongoing work of people like Philip Hammond MP that will identify very specific ongoing waste that can be slashed.
- Arsenal will not finish in the top four of the Premiership and Liverpool will not win it.
- Windows 7 will be delayed whilst Microsoft continue to convince people that Vista really doesn't suck.
- Another big high street name will collapse within six months and someone on the UK Rich List will suddenly become skint as a result.
- There will be a slight UKIP resurgence in advance of the June 2009 Euro Elections and they will hold most of their seats.
- Blogging about politics will continue to be popular but political parties will continue to fail to grasp the Internet because they'll carry on looking at America as a model.
- Barack Obama will make some foreign policy decisions that will see him labeled a neo-con in sheeps' clothing by many on the Left.
- Peter Mandelson will be on Strictly Come Dancing 2009 and the public will actually warm to him and like him.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Nine for 2009
As I said some moments ago in a Twitter update, it's about time I do a 2009 Predictions type post as is customary at this time of year. This is so you can make a complete prat of yourself by getting everything wrong so here goes, in no particular order.
Posted by dizzy at 12/31/2008 11:23:00 am