Friday, December 14, 2007

NHS Blog Doctor dies in car crash?

UPDATE: Apparently this is bollocks and a wind up by someone.

The last time the award winning NHS Blog Doctor posted was in October and the following comment appeared on the thread on Wednesday night.
Hello to you all.

This is not an easy comment to write, and I apologise for the lack of a full post, but 'John' was more than a little security conscious when it came to passwords, I have contacted "blogger" to explain circumstances but as yet have not had a reply.

Getting to the point, so to speak, I am a senior partner at 'John's practice, I have only become aware of this 'weblog' after accessing his email account through our internal system. Other partners have read this website, but none of us knew who the author was - although in retrospect there are a number of clues we could have picked up on!

There is no easy way to say this, but the doctor known as 'John' or 'Crippen' passed away in a road traffic accident mid-October. Although I appreciate the esteem in which many of you obviously held him, I must ask that the emails cease as of now - they are all redirected to our mail server and this is causing some difficulty.

Dr. Crippen's identity may no longer need to be secret for his own purposes, but out of respect for his family and remaining colleagues I shall not be sharing this here, neither will I post another message or reply to any left. This webblog will be removed once I can circumnavigate the security protocols for obvious reasons of confidentiality.

This said, I thank all who visit here for their support of our dear, and much missed colleague.

Kind regards, Dr.P.
Tragic news if it is not a wind up*.

* I have known a few people that have 'killed' themselves online as it were in order to reappear anew like a phoenix from the ashes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is terrible news if it is true. I have enormous respect for any top-quality blogger who shows the world how bad our public services our.

Surreptitious Evil said...

Dizzy,

I hate to get all wikipedantic about this but do you have some evidence for your update that can be made public?

dizzy said...

I spoke to someone who checked with someone that knows him last night.

Surreptitious Evil said...

Ta much. That is good news.

Not exactly a merry Christmas jape, was it? I hope the cnut concerned has a happy Christmas and an embarrassing bout of D&V.

Anonymous said...

nice blog...congratulations from Brazil!