Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quentin Letts writes on Wright

Whilst waiting for the plane this morning to bring me back to Blighty I managed to grab two English papers, the Daily Mail and the Independent. Shockingly poor I know but what can you do? Anyway, something did leap out at me in Quentin Letts report on Yates before the Select Committee on Cash for Peerages. Talking of Tony Wright MP, Letts reported that Wright said
"We know there's a trade in honours that goes on... But it goes on in covert ways. We said to you, "that's the way the world is". We knew you weren't gonna get anywhere."
I have not been able to corroborate these words against the uncorrected evidence, but as Letts notes this seem to say that the political Establishment view is "Yes, dodgy things have happened. But so what? We're politicians! How dare you apply the rule of law to us?"

Quite!

1 comment:

Unsworth said...

Where's the uncorrected evidence published? I've looked but not found it yet.