Monday, September 24, 2007

Harman: 'I don't know how to work Facebook'

You have to love a well placed microphone that can pick up things you maybe don't want people to hear. Currently the Labour Conference is presenting awards to local party organisations that have achieved electoral success. The awards are presented by Harriet Harman and they have a photocall.

One CLP that had successfully used, amongst other things, Facebook, won an award. As we know, Harriet Harman is not just a blogger, but has her own Facebook account too. A technologically savvy MP one might think... if only for the stray microphone that caught her saying to one of the award winners:
"Luke's been trying to get on my Facebook but I can't add him. I don't know how to work it"
I guess clicking the link in the email alert is just too much for her!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anybody looking to write a Facebook for Dummies might want to look to MPs as case examples.

'Eddie Willers' said...

E-mail alert?

We are talking about the kind of self-important buffoons who have their slavey print off the email so it may be read at leisure.

For them, mentally, it's still the age of the Dickensian clerk.

anthonynorth said...

As someone who was computer illiterate until last year at the age of 52, I try my best. I stick to blogging. What's Facebook?

jailhouselawyer said...

Like anthonynorth, I pretty much stick to blogging. Although I did open a Facebook account just so that the friends who wanted me to join theirs were happy.

Peter Black said...

Not all politicians are technical illiterates.

The Daily Pundit said...

The 'poke me' thing put me off. Incidentally, are you sure it was Luke and not Matthew or Mark?

Shug Niggurath said...

It's the thought of what kind of face she's posted on her profile.... ewww.

Anonymous said...

You should invited bloggers to give Harman a good poke while their at it...