Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tory councillors hit "Reply-All" to Willetts?

David Willetts sounds like he's getting it in the neck from councillors this morning. Apparently he sent out an email to Tory councillors across the country defending his recent speech about grammar schools. From what I've heard, many of them have hit "Reply-All" and been exceptionally candid with him.

Update: Just to clarify, I didn't say "all" Tory councillors got it. From what I've heard it was people who have education responsibility locally that received it.

5 comments:

Gavin Ayling said...

He didn't send it to us all! I didn't get it...

Chris Paul said...

So, he's being too Thatcherite for them? Is that it?

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone should show one of his brains how the BCC field works,

dizzy said...

Chris, my understanding is that the real concern is that by saying Grammar's don't work, it provides the opportunity for, say Labour, to argue for their abolition entirely now that everyone is agreed they don't work.

As an ex-grammar school boy (and secondary modern before expulsion) I can see wy some schools would be concerned. Personally I have no problem withthe notion of selection, I failed my 12+ (not 11+ in Buckinghamshire), didn't screw my life up to know that.

malpas said...

grammer schools used to work.
It is now their customers that don't work.