Saturday, April 21, 2007

Clone yourself with a cyber twin

I don't know whether people have played very much with Artificial Intelligence bots (AI). Alice Bot is the classic of these, but I've just stumbled across another site - which I think may be a variation on Alice to be honest. I'm not sure if the concept will work, but, imagine you were someone that received done of emails every day with requests or questions. Imagine if you could have a virtual artificial intelligence bot, a, shall we say, cybertwin, that people could speak to on your behalf?

That's exactly what MyCyberTwin.com is offering people. The project is very much in Beta at the moment, and remains free. As I say I;m not sure if it will work, I had a conversation with one of the companies founders earlier, Liesl Capper, it wasn;t exactly perfect and I managed to confuse her quite quickly, so there's no pass of the Turing Test quite yet.

Still, AI bots can be amusing, and if you keep your sentence structure simple and not to convoluted you can actually hold a conversation with them which flows. Just don't ask about the nature of being, use slang, and try to avoid synonyms.

For a few more details read here.

1 comment:

Chris Paul said...

Always reminds me of the Diamond Age. Turing of course is a Manc as well as Walton-on-Thames hero though Williams and Kilburn birthed the babe.