Friday, March 09, 2007

Crossing the floor once is ok, but three times?

Last night on Vox Politix they had a guest on who is one of the potential Conservatives candidates for London mayor, Winston McKenzie. Now I'd never heard of him as a candidate so I did a quick Google and found a worrying post about him on the Croydon Life blog which alleged that
"he was an equalities advisor to the LibDems but leaves them to campaign for a blanket ban on immigration [for Veritas]; he loses election after election; his business is opposed by the police; he is advised politically by a boxer and a former mayoress; and he brands the Tory Council racist, then a few weeks later wants to represent the Conservatives."
Now I have no idea how true any of that might be, but if it is, I'm not sure a former Lib Dem who went over to Veritas then on to us is necessarily the sort of conviction politician that we need running London. I could be wrong though and he might turn out to be a brilliant performer at the Open Primary (whenever the hell it actually happens).

3 comments:

Arthurian Legend said...

He was covered on Guido ages ago.

I met him before Christmas. A nice enough guy, but a bit mad and misguided.

Some people just don't know when to quit...

Anonymous said...

Errr ... Winston Churchill.

Matt

dizzy said...

Churchill did it twice and between just two parties I believe.