Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blog Wars - State side

It appears that Blog War in the Presidential nomination campaign has had it's first victim. Senator John Edwards hired blogger Amanda Marcotte aka Pandragon has resigned citing a right wing campaign against her.
I was hired by the Edwards campaign for the skills and talents I bring to the table, and my willingness to work hard for what’s right. Unfortunately, Bill Donohue and his calvacade of right wing shills don’t respect that a mere woman like me could be hired for my skills, and pretended that John Edwards had to be held accountable for some of my personal, non-mainstream views on religious influence on politics (I’m anti-theocracy, for those who were keeping track). Bill Donohue—anti-Semite, right wing lackey whose entire job is to create non-controversies in order to derail liberal politics—has been running a scorched earth campaign to get me fired for my personal beliefs and my writings on this blog.
I don't quite know the full details, but this stems from something she wrote on her blog which basically had a pop at the Catholic church. The result was bad publicty for Edward because he employed her to blog her campaign.

The lesson I guess is that if you become a paid blogger for a politician either keep it quiet (difficult), or quit whilst you're employed, for example, as I think a certain blogger did whilst Chief of Staff to David Davis's leadership campaign.

8 comments:

AntiCitizenOne said...

God that idiot womans speech postively drips with "victimology".

She was "sacked" for being stupid.

smug said...

Marcotte should stop whining. You can't take a public job with someone whose business depends almost entirely on how they are perceived, and then act in a way that's going to embarass them.

dizzy said...

Declare your interest you heretic papist!

smug said...

Also, anyone that criticises the Catholic Church should pick themselves a stake.

dizzy said...

that's better.. open and transperent honesty.

Letterman said...

She was hounded by the media for what was essentially a bad joke - really its ridiculous - if she'd said the same thing over here no one would've cared. Its the uber-religious evangelicals, or 'the crazies' as the Bush administration affectionately calls them, that hounded her out of office.

Dear Christian Right:
http://fromletterman.blogspot.com/2007/02/dear-christian-right-in-america.html

Serf said...

Gasp shock.....

Right Wingers run campaign against left winger..... who would have thought it.

Iain Dale said...

Fat lot of good it did...