Thursday, February 22, 2007

Alan Johnson goes after the student vote

The other day I posted about the Facebook race for the Labour Deputy Leadership. There are a basically a number of "XXX for Deputy" groups out there that have been set up by Labour activists students for each contenders camp.

It now looks Alan Johnson has taken the plunge and beaten his rivals to be the first contender to set up his own profile, or should I say his campaign team thought it would be a good idea to do it on his behalf.

As you can guess, his friends are mostly students because this move is in no way opportunistism to shore up the student vote.

4 comments:

Chris Palmer said...

There seems to be a marked increase in the number of non-students using facebook - yourself included I note.

I believe the rules recently changed to allow non-students to sign up, but I can't really see what other people get out of it?

dizzy said...

Wow and I thought I was arrogant. How do you know I'm not a student?

dizzy said...

As for not seeing what people get out of it, they get the same out of it as student funnily enough.

Martine Martin said...

Hey Dizzy, guess who else has just joined up with Facebook (assuming it's him for real) - answers to the name of David Cameron.

He's been joining all of the CF groups on Facebook (including mine), so it looks like he's going to use it to keep track of the youth movement. Rather good, eh?