Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ID cards set up "to fail" says leaked email

Just spotted a story from the Sunday Times about a leaked Whitehall email in which the civil servant in charge of the scheme basically says that the policy is being set "to fail", and that the scheme is so watered down it is largely pointless.

There is a bit of talk in the blogosphere about this, but it seems Prescott dominated the news so much on Sunday this little gem got, shall we say, buried in the noise. A full transcript of the email can be seen here.

2 comments:

Ellee Seymour said...

The only time this is useful is for my teenage sons when they go to the cinema and get challenged about their age. I think this will get scrapped, just like regional police authorities have done today.

dizzy said...

now now, you'll give me delusions of grandeur, me no Guido! Tim Montgomerie posted it on labourdonotdo.com on Sunday I think.

Still the BBC is always behind in these post-Hutton days.