Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Portillo to interview A-Listers in marginal Open Primary

Apparently, Michael Portillo has agreed to interview the A-listers in London's first ever Open Primary to choose a Prospective Parliamentary Candidate (PPC). The constituency of Eltham in South-East London (currently a marginal held by Labour MP, Clive Efford) has announced to the entire electorate of Eltham that it can register and be involved in choosing its next Tory candidate on the 31st July.

Who'd have thought it! Michael Portillo doing something for the Conservative Party!

6 comments:

Ellee Seymour said...

I guess he wants to promote himself as a media guru. I like his column in the STimes.

dizzy said...

You're probably right Ellee, I'm just being my usual caustic self!

Serf said...

Who says it would be "for" the party, rather than against?

Anonymous said...

How much is he being paid (-:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Eltham and used to catch my bus from the same stop where Stephen Lawrence was murdered. I have just been appointed to the candidates' list but not the A list. I do hope I CCHQ will look outside of the priority list.

Janice Small
Kent

Anonymous said...

But what if the priority list includes someone local and capable?